In a surprise move, Qualcomm has introduces Quick Charge 3+ technology for mid-range and budget smartphones. This is because back in 2017, the company introduced the Quick Charge 4+ so naturally it was expected that the new Quick Charge 5 tech will be launched. However, the company has come up with a new Quick Charge 3+ technology for low range smartphones.
Also Read: LG Velvet phone with 6.8-inch OLED display, Premium Design & Snapdragon 765 goes official
Qualcomm Quick Charge 3+ Details
Presently, we see many premium smartphones coming up with 40W and even 65W fast charging support. However, the budget and mid-range phones are stuck in low speed charging. We believe, to overcome this the new Quick charge 3+ is launched. Usually, the least priced devices are restricted to maximum of 18W charging so this new technology will help to increase the speed. The recently launched newly-launched Mi 10 Lite Zoom or Mi 10 Youth comes with this new charging tech. Check below on the specs of this quick charging
- Fast-Charging and Improved efficiency: The technology allows users to charge from flat 0% to 50% in 15 minutes. It’s 35% more efficient than the previous generation and 9 ºC cooler.
- Support for USB Type-A to Type-C cable and accessories
- Backward compatibility with previous-generation Quick-Charge devices.
- Integrated cable power capability or identification
- Support for new PMICs such as SMB1395/SMB1396. They’ll bring massive advantages such as eliminating the need for external components an over voltage protection chip and a sense resistor.
Leave a Reply