Meizu has finally launched its 2020 flagship smartphones, Meizu 17 and Meizu 17 Pro. The Meizu 17 series phones comes with top of the line specifications along with a brilliant built and minimalist design. Apart from the high-end specs, the highlight of the device are the slim uniform built and 64MP 3D sense camera. Let’s check out the complete specifications.
Meizu 17 Series Specifications
- 6.6-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ display with 90Hz high refresh rate
- 2.84Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G Processor
- 8GB RAM /12GB RAM and 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 64MP + 12MP + 8MP + 5MP Quad Camera
- 64MP + 32MP + 8MP + 3D depth-sensing camera Quad Camera ( Pro )
- 20MP Selfie Camera
- 4500mAh battery with 30W Super mCharge support
- Flyme OS 8.1
Meizu 17 series phone like its previous generation models follow a minimal design language with very thin top and botton bezels. The weight on the device is evenly distributed for easy usage and comes at 199 grams. The main difference between the standard and Pro variant are:
- Meizu 17 Pro comes in a premium ceramic body
- Meizu 17 Pro has LPDDR5 standard and UFS 3.1
- Meizu 17 Pro has powerful Quad Camera setup
- Super Wireless mCharge 27W charging
Meizu 17 phones has huge 6.6-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with punch-hole at the right top corner of the device. The display supports 100% DCI-P3 color gamut with a 90Hz high refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate. It has peak brightness of 1100 nits with a pixel density of 390 ppi. You get faster in-display finger print sensor under the panel.
The rear of the phone houses the Quad camera setup arranged in horizontal pattern. Both the phones are powered by latest Snapdragon 865 5G processor with upto 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. The company employs a new mSmart 5G technology inside which reportedly improves its battery life, mEngine 3.0 that improves the gaming performance of the device and new One Mind AI 4.0 that significantly improves the fluency of the UI.
Meizu 17 Camera setup:
- 64MP Sony IMX686 f/1.8 primary camera
- 12MP f/1.9 portrait camera
- 5MP dedicated f/1.9 macro camera
- 118° 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle lens
Meizu 17 Pro Camera Setup:
- 64MP IMX686 f/1.8 primary camera
- 32MP Sony IMX616 ultra-wide-angle camera lens
- 8MP f/2.4 79mm telephoto camera
- Samsung S5K33D 3D depth-sensing camera for high-end portrait blur to photos/videos and adds unique features to the device like 3D wallpapers and AR tools
Both the Meizu 17 phones has 20MP selfie camera with Super Night Mode 3.0. The smartphone has 4500mAh battery inside with 30W Super mCharge fast charging technology. However, only Pro model has Super Wireless mCharge 27W charging solution that can charge up to 47% in 30 minutes. All default connectivity options including NFC, Wi-Fi 6 , USB-C port are present.
The price of Meizu 17 starts at 3699 Yuan ( Rs 37,000) for 8GB RAM and 128GB variant and 3999 Yuan ( Rs 40,000 ) for 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM model. Meizu 17 Pro starts at 4299 Yuan ( Rs 43,000) for 8GB RAM and 128GB variant and 4699 Yuan ( Rs 47,000 ) for 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM model. The phones comes in White, Black and Green color options. It goes on sale from May 11. We are not sure whether the device will be launched in India.
Finally, there is special Meizu 17 Aircraft Carrier Limited Edition which will feature cool graphics at the back and customized themes for hardcore fans priced at 4299 yuan ( Rs 43,000 ).