Mobile devices are a part of our everyday lives today. Our day-to-day communication has become seamless and easy thanks to it. The signal strength must be high enough for the electronic device to work. The strength of cell phone signals varies from place to place, unfortunately. Poor signal problems can occur at offices, homes, or anywhere.
This is where Jio Signal boosters come into play. This is an electronic device that boosts the signal of a mobile phone. Essentially, these devices amplify weak signals.
What is the Purpose of Jio Signal Booster ?
The purpose of Jio signal booster is to accept weak mobile signals, amplify them, and then rebroadcast them in a stronger wave strength. Using a mobile signal booster, you can get crystal-clear calls and uninterruptible fast internet right where you are. Cell phone boosters are ideal for rural areas with poor mobile service.
Reasons for a Weak Signal
Your mobile signal may be weak for a variety of reasons. There are some inevitable reasons for this.
● Location of the nearest cellular tower: Often, it is the cause of weak cell phone signals. Cell phone signals are stronger the closer you are to a cell tower. As you get farther from the tower, the movement becomes weaker.
● External interference: A cellular signal is a radio wave. Long-distance travel is difficult for them due to obstructions. For stronger or more effective signals, there must be a clear line between the tower and the caller. Mountains, trees, or tall buildings can cause interruptions from the outside. Other factors, such as snow, thunderstorms, and rain, can affect reception.
● Internal interference: Interferences from both outside and inside weaken reception. Incoming signals can be blocked by thick building materials like bricks, glasses, electronic clutter, and conductive materials. Insider interference can weaken the signal despite excellent outside signals or living near the tower.
Also Read – How to Reset Syrotech Router?
Functions of a Signal Booster – How does it work?
- Long-lasting or once-off purchase tool that can be used for over a decade with no additional fees.
- Dropped calls can be significantly reduced.
- Make browsing and downloading faster by increasing the data speed.
- Quality of calls that is uninterruptible and clear.
- Mobile devices can have longer battery life.
Jio signal booster Installation Process
Getting the cellular signal booster installed at home isn’t a difficult task. You don’t have to be a professional. Several tools will be needed if you decide to do it yourself: a ladder, your smartphone, a head screwdriver, and an adjustable wrench.
Step 1: Assess your home’s cellular signal.
A cell phone signal booster, also known as a repeater or extender, uses an outdoor antenna to boost the weak signal. The device’s location can affect the strength of the signal being transmitted. An antenna should therefore be placed where the signal is most potent. Consequently, it’s vital to find an area with good signal strength before installing the antenna. Walk around your home and use these tools to test the outside signal:
● Signal bars on your phone
You should install your antenna on the side of your house that receives the most bars. Signal strength can be determined by phone bars, but it’s essential to realize that they are subjective measurements. Due to the lack of standardization, each bar represents a different signal strength level.
● Measurements in dBm
The most accurate way to measure signal strength is using dBm measurements. The mobile signal ranges from -50 dBm to -120 dBm, where -50 dBm represents full bars, and -120 dBm represents no signal. Your antenna should be installed on the side of your home with the highest dBm measurement.
Also read – Boult Vs Boat – Which is a better Brand in 2022?
Step 2: Antenna installation
You should install your outdoor antenna on your home’s roof as high as possible. By doing so, you will improve the antenna’s line of sight to the cell phone tower and reduce the number of obstructions between them that could degrade the signal. You should point your directional antenna away from your roof and toward your carrier’s nearest cell tower. Omnidirectional antennas do not need to be aimed.
If mounting the antenna on the roof isn’t feasible, you can scale it in the attic, on a wall, or near a window with a view of the cell tower. It is important to keep in mind that obstructions can degrade the antenna’s signal. This will result in less signal being received by the amplifier, reducing coverage.
Step 3: Connecting the Antenna to the Amplifier
The coaxial cable included in the box should be connected to the antenna after it has been installed. You can accomplish this by:
- Making a hole in your house.
- Running a coax cable alongside your satellite TV antenna cable and into your house.
- A vent can be used to run the cable.
- Run the entry cable underneath the window using a flat cable.
- Before your cable enters the house, you should put a drip loop in it, regardless of which method you use.
- Connect the signal amplifier to the cable once it is inside.
Step 4: Mounting the inside antenna
If you are experiencing connectivity issues within your home, installing the inside antenna near where the problem is occurring is ideal.
- Install the inside antenna at a distance of at least 20 feet vertically or 50 feet horizontally from the outside antenna to prevent oscillation, which may cause the booster to shut down.
- The coaxial cable that came with the box needs to be installed between the amplifier and antenna (excluding antenna/amplifier combos) after the antenna has been placed in the area where you need a better signal.
Step 5: Activate the device
A wall outlet and a power cord must be connected to the amplifier for the cell phone signal booster installation to be completed. The booster will configure itself in a few seconds. After the booster is installed, the green lights indicate the end of poor reception and dropped calls.
The power cord can be unplugged at any time if you need to adjust the position of the equipment or troubleshoot the amplifier. Resetting your wireless signal is similar to restarting a router.
Also read – JioMeet Vs Google Meet Vs Zoom Vs Microsoft Teams
Frequently asked questions
Ans – While Jio Airtel offers nationwide 4G LTE coverage, some areas may still have spotty coverage. As a result, mobile data may be slow, and signal strength might be weak. Your phone’s network settings may help you resolve this issue.
Ans – The cost of a network booster depends upon the quality, speed, and coverage you need.
Choosing the best signal booster for your place is vital while considering the kind of coverage you need. I hope this article makes it easy for you to choose the one that fits your needs. Thank you for reading.
Leave a Reply