Huawei officially launched its new fold-able phone, the Huawei Mate X at the MWC 2019 event in Barcelona today. Just few days before we saw the Samsung Galaxy Fold phone from Samsung which turned all heads and now we have its major competitor revealing its opponent. Frankly speaking from the images, one can see the Huawei Mate X fold-able phone more attractive , slim and premium looking device, even supports 5G. However, it comes at a tall priced even compared to the Galaxy Fold which itself was touching $2000 mark.
Let’s check out the complete details of this new fold-able phone
Huawei Mate X Specifications
- 8” screen with a 2480 x 2200 resolution in unfolded layout
- dual display phone – one side is a 6.6-inch (2480 x 1148) 19.5:9 display & other side 6.38-inch (2480 x 892) 25:9 display when folded
- Kirin 980 Processor
- 8GB of RAM and 512GB of storage with Dual SIM Support
- Triple Camera setup – 40MP + 16MP + 8MP for both Rear and front.
- Total of 4,500mAh battery spilt into two & support SupercCharge fast charging technology
- EMUI 9.1.1 based on Android 9 Pie
Huawei Mate X comes with what is called a “Falcon Wing Design” where the hinge mechanism makes the phone completely flat unlike the Samsung Galaxy Fold which leave a bit of gap. Also, the company informed the hinge mechanism is made up of 100 parts and is patented. The phone has all connectivity settings including Bluetooth 5.0. The phone is priced at €2299 and comes in Interstellar Blue color only. The device will go on sale from mid of 2019 as per the company.