Xiaomi Mi 8, company’s flagship smartphone for 2018 was launched in China today. The device comes notch display which is the first for Xiaomi and also has the 3D front camera like the Apple iPhoneX. Apart from the standard version, an exclusive Explore Edition was also launched which comes with under display fingerprint sensor like Vivo X21 and transparent back-panel to give a futuristic appeal. Let’s check out the specification of the phone.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Specification
- 6.21-inch Full HD+ or 2248 x 1080 pixelsAMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processer
- 6GB RAM & 64/128/256GB internal storage for standard variant
- 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage for Explore Edition
- 12 MP (f/1.8, 1.4µm) + 12 MP (f/2.4, 1.0 µm) rear camera
- 20 MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, AI Beautify and portait modes
All basic connectivity options are present and the device comes with 3D Face Unlock feature. Also, Xiaomi Mi 8 is the first smartphone to have the Dual GPS which is helps in navigation services to be more precise .The smartphone is priced CNY2,699 ( Rs 27,000) , CNY2,999 ( Rs 30,000) and CNY32,999 ( Rs 33,000) respectively.
For India, we can expect the priced to be around the same with a minor increase of Rs 1K to 2K. The Explore Edition is priced at CNY37,999 ( Rs 38,000).
So if the prices are nearly translated and given in India, it would be a serious contender to the OnePlus 6 and Honor View 10. Xiaomi has already announced that it will launch the device in India soon, and for China the device will go on sale from June 5.