Latest Qualcomm mobile processors Snapdragon 630 and 660 unveiled
Qualcomm yesterday launched its two new mobile processors, Snapdragon 630 and Snapdragon 660. They are successors of Snapdragon 653 and 660 respectively. Let’s check out more details and specs for these two processors.
- Based on 14nm technology
- 8x Kryo 260 CPU cores clocked at 2.2GHz
- 20% faster than the one on the Snapdragon 653
- GPU is Adreno 512, which is 30% faster than the Adreno 510
- Support 4K Video capture
- Based 14nm technology
- 8x ARM Cortex-A53 CPU clocked at 2.2GHz
- 10% faster than the Snapdragon 626
- Adreno 508 GPU that is 30% faster
- Support 1080P Video capture
Both the processors comes with Snapdragon X12 LTE modem, Wi-Fi 802.11ac Wave 2, Bluetooth 5.0, Qualcomm TruSignal adaptive antenna tuning, support peak download speed of 600Mbps data and 867Mbps Wi-Fi, USB 3.1, Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP, Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec support, Qualcomm Hexagon 680 DSP, Qualcomm Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX), Qualcomm All-Ways Aware, and QuickCharge 4.0 .
The newly announced mobile platforms also have machine learning support. OEMs now can get their developers to implement machine learning on the Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms using the Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine SDK.