In this post, you will know how to activate PM Kisan Account online in just 7 steps.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi is an initiative by the Government of India under which income support of Rs.6000/- per year is provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined landholdings/ownership of up to 2 hectares.
The scheme is 100% funded by the Union Government and is implemented through the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare. The scheme aims to provide financial support to small and marginal farmers so that they can take care of their agricultural and domestic needs.
Who Are Eligibility For PM Kishan Scheme
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India. It provides income support to all landholding eligible farmer families across the country, which has cultivable land up to 2 hectares.
Eligibility Criteria for PM-KISAN are as follows:
- The farmer should be a resident of India.
- The farmer should have a valid landholding record.
- The landholding should be less than or equal to 2 hectares.
- The farmer should not be paying income tax.
- The farmer should not be availing any benefits from any other government scheme.
Also read – How to Find Mobile Number Using UPI ID
Document Required Applying For PM Kishan Scheme
The documents required for applying for the PM Kisan Scheme are:
- Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/PAN Card
- Bank Account Details (Account Number, IFSC Code, Bank Branch Name, etc.)
- Land Records (including Khasra, Khatauni)
- Land Ownership Proof (if applicable)
- Crop Insurance Scheme Certificate (if applicable)
What Are The Benefits Of This Scheme?
Some of the key benefits of the PM Kisan scheme are:
- Financial Assistance: The scheme provides an annual income support of Rs. 6,000/- per year to all eligible small and marginal farmer families across the country in three equal installments of Rs. 2,000/- each.
- Improved Access to Credit: The scheme provides an incentive to the farmers to access credit from institutional sources.
- Crop Insurance: The scheme also provides coverage of up to Rs. 2 lakh per annum for crop insurance in case of natural calamities.
- Soil Health Card Scheme: The scheme also provides access to the soil health card scheme which helps in identifying the nutrient content of the soil and provides advice to farmers on the type of fertilizer to be used.
How To Activate PM Kisan Account Online
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of PM Kisan at https://pmkisan.gov.in/.
- Step 2 – Click on the ‘Farmer Corner’ tab and select ‘Beneficiary Registration’ from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3 – Enter all the required details such as Aadhaar number, bank account number and IFSC code.
- Step 4 – Once all the details have been entered, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the registration process.
- Step 5 – On successful registration, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number with a link to activate the PM Kisan account.
- Step 6 – Click on the link to activate the PM Kisan account.
- Step 7 – The account will be activated and the beneficiary will be able to avail benefits from the PM Kisan scheme.
Also read – How to Activate Call Waiting in Airtel, Jio and Vi – 3 Working Methods
Activating a PM Kisan Account is a simple and easy process. All you need to do is fill in the application form, submit the necessary documents along with the required fees and then your account will be activated. The PM Kisan Account will enable you to receive financial benefits from the government and help you in achieving your financial goals.
Leave a Reply