Successor to the successfully Honor 8, Honor 9 has been launched yesterday in China. Honor is Huawei’s sub-brand and has tasted good success in its Honor series phones. Honor 9 is much like its predecessor in the design and form factor. Infact, it’s more similar to the Honor 8 Pro which was launched 2 months back.
The Smartphone is introduced in three variants
4GB RAM & 64GB Storage at CNY 2,299 (approximately Rs 21,780),
6GB RAM & 64GB storage at CNY 2,699 (approximately Rs 25,570)
6GB RAM & 128GB storage at CNY 2,999 (approximately Rs 28,419)
As per the announcement, Honor 9 will go on sale from 16th June from Jingdong, Lynx, and Vmall. The device will come in four different shades – Black,Gray,Blue and Amber Gold.
Honor 9 Specification
- 5.15-inch full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.4GHz octa-core Kirin 960 processor with Mali G71 MP8 GPU and 4GB/6GB
- 6GB RAM with 64GB/128GB of internal storage with SD card support
- Dual rear camera setup of 20 MP & 12 MP with phase detection autofocus
- 8 MP with f/2.0 aperture for selfie capture
- 3200 mAh battery with fast charging support.
- Android 7.0 Nougat operating system wrapped under EMUI 5.1
Honor 9 comes with a fingerprint scanner embedded into the home button at the front and has USB Type-C port. Connectivity options include Infrared sensor, Hybrid Dual SIM tray, 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi (a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack and NFC. The handset measures 147.3 x 70.9 x 7.45 mm and weighs 155 grams.