Antivirus Software is one of the must install application , be it your PC, Laptop or even in office system. In fact, the importance of an Antivirus software is showcased when one can see even a new system always comes in-built with an anti-virus software. To install the best antivirus for PC is critical and will keep your system safe and secure.
Both Free and Paid versions of Antivirus are available from various reputed brand. Some of the free Antivirus software are Avast, AVG, Bit defender which does a good job in protecting your system. Also, these days an Antivirus application these days should not only check for virus, apart from that there are many other threats like ransomware, phishing, data logging in browsers to get passwords, 24 hour online protection etc.
It is recommended to have a zero-proof solution when it comes to safeguarding the system and it can be easily achieved only of you use a good Paid Anti-virus software. Also, we have a great recommendation on the best VPN software you can get here, which adds more protection to your online activity and safeguard your privacy.
Why YOU SHOULD NOT go for free anti-virus software
- Up to date virus definition cannot be expected leading to vulnerable to new threats
- Only Basic scans will be available and firewall options will be weak
- Performance will slow not be up to mark and the software could clog the system
- Lack of advanced features such as file encryption, 24 hr online protection, deep scans etc.,
- Less automation options for scan, update making you do most of the work manually
These are some of the reasons why one should avoid a Free Antivirus software and opt for a good paid software if they want to truly protect the system and the data present in it. Let’s check out the best antivirus for PC in India listed below.
List of Best Antivirus for PC in India
1. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
Kaspersky provides you with a reliable, core-essential software packed which does the job it meant for. Smart Scan for threats, blocking dangerous URLs, preventing malicious content, constant virus definition updates are done smoothly to give you a trouble-free experience.
The well designed UI makes navigation and using the software easy which makes it a great package for any beginner. Finally, Kaspersky always has been rated among the top when it comes to detecting and eliminating virus and malware.
- Real-time protection will keep your system safe whenever your system is ON
- Detection and removal of viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, adware, key loggers, malicious tools and auto-dialer
- Instantaneous automatic updates is important to identify latest virus and remove them
2. MacAfee Anti-Virus
MacAfee is one of the old Antivirus along with Norton and common name when it comes to Antivirus . Most of the PC and Laptop manufacturers put MacAfee as pre-installed software in the system with some offers so the cost factor is less for this software and the performance on threat detection is also good.
You’ll get decent amount of features and constant update on virus definition , however the scan performed could sometimes miss threats which other software may identify. This could also be due to virus definitions which MacAfee updates. The cost is relatively less and has a trust worthy brand.
- Strong Virus and malware protection backed by huge database to identify any type of threats
- Permanent deletion of data to make sure virus/malware is permanently removed from your system
- Easy to use, install and manage
Probably one of the best and advanced Antivirus Software currently out there. Comes with host of features apart from antivirus scans like Password manager, dedicated Ransomware filter, online protection, advanced and deep scan for threats etc.,
There are many tools which you can use to make your system more secure and safe. The cost of the software is also very reasonable for the features it offers. Sometimes, the software may use up more system resources to perform its functions.
- Optimized performance preserves speed and battery life of your PC
- Multi-layer ransomware protection now with ransomware remediation new
- Includes privacy tools such as Bitdefender VPN and Bitdefender Safepay – which are useful so no need for extra VPN software
- Comprehensive Support 24/7
4. Eset NOD32 Antivirus
One of the lightweight , no non-sense Antivirus software out there. ESET NOD32 does a great job in protecting the system with excellent threat detection ratio and comes with malware and ransomware protection. The virus definition are updated consistently making the scanning process efficient and also the real time protection effective.
Though there are not many extra features, the software does its core job very well. It comes with in-build external disks scans making it easy for you to connect any pen drive or portable drives to your system without any worry. For an experienced user, ESER NOD32 will give a great value for money so check it out.
ESET NOD32 Features
- Protection against malicious attacks. Viruses, rootkits, malware, ransomware, and phishing
- Streamlined user interface makes it easy for you to manage and protect the system
- Cloud-powered protection
- Highly configurable
- Expert-level Device Control for advanced users and people who look for in-depth software
5. Quick Heal Antivirus
Quick Heal is a easy to use antivirus software which automatically detects and removes virus, Trojans, malware etc,.The software can be configured to scan even attachments from email or any downloaded files from the internet.
The package is lightweight there by not impacting the system performance and using up resources. With constant update on virus signatures, Quick Heal Antivirus provides a very effective solution for your Virus and malware problems
Quick Heal Features
- Inbuilt Firewall is very useful and adds additional protection to your PC
- Self-protection allows you to not worry about checking and performing manual scans
- Remotely manage quick heal feature let’s you control the software even if you are not in the system
- Emergency disk for backup helps you to restore data in case of critical virus/malware attack
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ )
These are the best Antivirus for PC in India to keep your system and data safe. In case you liked it, please share the same in your social circle. Also Subscribe to our News Letter to get all the latest Tech Updates and Best of articles directly in to your Inbox.