The second phase of India’s covid-19 vaccinations is about to begin and it includes people between the ages of 45 and 60 years with co-morbidities. To get the vaccine, you will have to register yourself in the CoWIN 2.0 portal and find the nearest vaccination center. The second phase of vaccinations includes private hospitals, though government hospitals will vaccinate people at no charge. You will have to pay Rs. 250 per dose, and an additional Rs. 150 and Rs. 100 for vaccines and operational charges, respectively, if you choose private options.
How to Register for COVID-19 Vaccination
Registration is quite simple and will be done through the CoWIN 2.0 portal. Follow these steps to register yourself:
- Open cowin.gov.in.
- Enter your mobile number and Aadhaar number.
- You will then receive an OTP on your phone, which you will have to submit.
- Once you submit the OTP, the “Registration of Vaccination” page appears.
- Enter all the details required on this page.
- Once the details are entered, click the “Register” button at the bottom right corner. Post which, you should get a Confirmation message stating you’ve registered successfully.
- If you want to add more members from your family, the page gives you the option to link three more people to the same mobile number.
- You will also need to upload a medical certificate to prove you have one of the above mentioned comorbidities.
- The date for a second dose will be booked at the center, and it’s set for 29 days after the first dose.
- You will also get a Reference ID, which can be used for getting the vaccination certificate later.
You can use your Aadhaar card, electoral photo identity card (EPIC), passport, driving license, PAN Card, NPR Smart Card or pension document with photograph to register for getting the vaccination.
How to book appointment
With the registrations done, you will then have to book the appointment for the covid-19 vaccinations. As mentioned before, appointments will be available between 9am to 3pm only. Here’s how to book an appointment:
- Schedule a date and time for the appointment on the “Account Details” page by clicking on the Schedule Appointment button or choosing the date from the Calendar.
- Search for the vaccination centre of your choice by State, District, Block and Pin Code from the drop-downs.
- Once you pick your preferred Centre, the available slots will be displayed post that.
- You can book your slot by clicking on the “Book” button. After which, the “Appointment Confirmation” page is displayed.
- Click on “Confirm” to verify the final details.
- Once confirmed, it will show the appointment successful page.4
The registrations on the CoWIN 2.0 portal open from 9am on March 1, after the app went under maintenance for two days, on February 27 and 28. Vaccination appointments will only be available between 9am and 3pm everyday.
How to Get COVID Vaccination Certificate
The vaccine certificate will be awarded to those who have successfully completed the vaccination process. You will have to remember the Reference ID you were given during registration in order to receive the certificate.
You can get the vaccine certificate from this link, once you enter the Reference ID. You can also get the certificate from Aarogya Setu and DigiLocker apps.