We have been getting leaks and rumors so far on the new smartphone created by Andy Rubin. Now, the phone has been officially launched in U.S for price of $699. The new device called simply the Essential Phone (PH-1) comes loaded with superior looks and top specs. The highlight of the smartphone is the Bezel less 5.7 inch screen and modular capability to use accessories.
Essential Phone Design
The Essential phone resembles and carries few design elements of Mi Mix with regards to the screen. There are no bezel at the top and only a small frame with presumably home key present at the bottom of the phone. The specs of the phone are given below:
Essential Phone Specification
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with 4GB RAM
- 5.7-inch edge-to-edge screen with an unusual 19:10 aspect
- 128GB of memory (non-expandable)
- Dual rear camera setup — 13MP+13MP one with RGB and the other monochrome
- 8-megapixel sensor front camera capable of recording 4K videos
- 3,040mAh battery with fast charging capability
Other connectivity options include Bluetooth 5.0 and USB Type-C for charging and data syncing. However there is no 3.5mm audio jack present in the device.
The modular concept is inspired from Moto Z mods where magnetic connector is the back is used to attach many accessories. Currently only 360 Camera module is revealed and we can more accessories to be release soon. The 360 Camera module is priced at $199 and as a limited time offer, when bought along with phone the total price comes to $749.Currently the device is launched only in U.S with no information for other regions.